Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So this weekend some of the girls and I went to this place called Sipi Falls. It was this cute little village in the mountains that is surrounded by various waterfalls. These are some pics from the weekend. I would have to say it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! It was pretty amazing!!

These are the grass huts we stayed in over the
weekend. They were pretty legit. They didn't have
electricity either which I'm not going to lie kinda
freaked me out at night. I had these images of
ravenous monkeys attacking us as we walked
to our rooms.


Alex and I were roommates for the weekend. This
was our hut :)

We rappelled down this 300 foot waterfall.
I haven't rappelled down anything near
that high before. One of the girls in our
group didn't want to rappel so she took
pictures of us across the way from the lookout
spot. I promise if you zoom in on this picture you
really can tell that that little speck is me :)

I took this picture while I was rappelling.
The girls in my group made me go first because
I was the only one not freaking out.
The scariest part though was when I got
over the ledge and looked down and
realized there was no one belaying me from
the bottom. Totally not what I expected to
see. The rope barely touched the ground too!
It was rather disconcerting!

We had to hike through all these small
villages to get to the waterfalls. The kids were so cute!!

Jumping behind the waterfall. This one is for
you Rick!!


This picture doesn't even do it justice!!

The second highest waterfall.


These are the monkeys I was afraid were
going to attack us while we were sleeping.
They were all over the place!

2 comments:

  1. Wow great shots Carrie babe!! I posted your jump shot on my Flickr page so people could see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible Carrie! I loved the one you took, and of course the one for Rick :) I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete